Monday 31 October 2016

Initial plans for my magazine

This blog post is dedicated to my initial plans for my music magazine.

I plan to make the price of my magazine £2.00, as based on my market research, this price is cheaper than my competitors, yet profitable too. Perhaps the low expense will attract a larger audience, as the magazine will not be too financially detrimental to purchase regularly. I plan for it to be published each month, on the 1st day of each month. This regularity should maintain an audience, and more customers may purchase the magazine regularly, as it is more cost effective. The average issue size will be around 100 pages, to ensure a multitude of content, so each customer feels that they are receiving their moneys worth. The regular content will consist of feedback from fans of the magazine, album reviews, song reviews, upcoming gigs and bands. The main feature article for the double page spread will be of a local Indie band "The Seegulls", and I will also include features from prominent artists in the Indie genre, such as Arctic Monkeys, Catfish and the Bottlemen,, Miles Kane, The 1975, Two Door Cinema Club etc. I intend for my front cover to feature a main image, which will be a photo of my friend Julia whom I plan to take wearing indie clothing. Alongside this image will be the coverline "Julia J - Reinventing indie my way"

No comments:

Post a Comment